This site exists because I’m lazy.
I’m very bad about writing and responding to emails. I’m even worse about making phone calls since I’m thousands of miles away from most of the people I know and have to deal with a 14-17 hour time difference.
So if you want to know what I’ve been up to (or what I’m planning on doing) this is the place to check.
A few things to take note of:
1. The weblog part will be a kind of a braindump. What’s on my mind will go there. I’ve categorized it to keep it from getting too cluttered, and hopefully that will work. If not, I’ll make changes.
2. There will be changes. This will be a slowly evolving work-in-progress kind of thing. If you think something sucks, let me know. Maybe I’ll fix it, maybe I won’t.
3. There will be profanity. Why? Because I like it. For sheer impact and conveying of emotions, few things can top profanity. Smilies and emoticons don’t usually cut it. You’ve been warned, so no complaining later on.
4. If I’m so lazy, why am I making a website? Initially, I bought the webspace (from NavMonkey.net) for posting images and avatars to link to from various message boards so I wouldn’t have to worry about links disappearing or stealing somebody else’s bandwidth. I’d been dragging my feet on making a site until I found iBlog. It’s a great program that handles the website organization tasks with very little effort and minimal configuration on the user’s part. I highly recommend it for all lazy people with a Mac (OSX 10.2 or higher) who want to make a website.
5. What you won’t see here. Yes, this is a weblog (for the most part), but it’s not a whiny “I went to the store to buy cat food but they were out of my brand and now I don’t know what to do because Fluffier-Than-Thou will only eat his one special brand and I didn’t know how I was going to break it to my perfect little prince that he’d have to eat something different for one meal until I could go to a different store tomorrow and get him….” kind of weblog. If I ever post anything like that I expect some serious email bitchslapping.